Hello Jr. Pit Master!
Do you have what it takes to be the Grand Champion Jr. Pit Master? Well let’s get you registered and find out. There are two categories: Junior Division, which is 8-12 yrs by 8/31/20 or Senior Division, which is 13-17 yrs by 8/31/20. Both categories have Grand and Reserve Champions awarded. Pork Chops will be judged on 3 categories: Taste, Texture and Appearance.
Saturday March 7, 2020
10:30 AM – Jr Cook Check-in
10:45 AM – Jr Cook Meeting
10:45 AM – Pork chop and Turn-In tray distributed
12:30 PM – Turn-In
Awards to be announced after Judging completed.
Jr. Cooker will need to provide:
- Cooking Utensils- such as Tongs, spatula, brush etc.
- BBQ Rub
- BBQ Sauce
- Apron (if you do not want to get your Pit Master apron dirty)
- Gloves or Hand Wipes
- Table/ TV Tray (small table to set your supplies on)
- Additional charcoal, wood chips, etc. after using ALL supplied, if necessary
Items provided by BBQ Austin:
- BBQ Pit
- Official BBQ Austin Jr. Pit Master Apron
- Pork chop