Hello Jr. Pit Master!
Do you have what it takes to be the Grand Champion Jr. Pit Master? Well let’s get you registered and find out. There are two categories: Junior Division, which is 8-12 yrs or Senior Division, which is 13-17 yrs. Age division is determined by age of child on event date. Both categories have Grand and Reserve Champions awarded. Pork Chops will be judged on 3 categories: Appearance, Taste, and Texture.Register Here
Schedule & Awards
10:30 AM – Jr Cook Check-in
10:45 AM – Jr Cook Meeting
12:30 PM – Pork Chop Turn-In
Awards will be announced after Judging is completed.
Pork chops will be judged based on taste, texture and appearance.
A Grand Champion and Reserve Champion will be named for each division.
Items provided by BBQ Austin:
- BBQ Pit
- Official BBQ Austin Jr. Pit Master Apron
- Pork chop
Jr. Cooker will need to provide:
- Cooking Utensils- such as Tongs, spatula, brush etc.
- BBQ Rub
- BBQ Sauce
- Apron (if you do not want to get your Pit Master apron dirty)
- Gloves or Hand Wipes
- Table/ TV Tray (small table to set your supplies on)
- Additional charcoal, wood chips, etc. after using ALL supplied, if necessary